Food Truck Rally 5K Chicago – Food Trucks
DATE: Saturday, May 27, 2017
TIME: Trucks can come as early at 7am, but must be ready to serve by 8:30a
LOCATION: Chicagoland Speedway, 450 East Laraway Rd. (MAP)
WEBSITE: Chicago Food Truck Rally 5K
COURSE MAP/SITE PLAN: Click HERE
CONTACT PERSON: Stuart Kaul (980) 253-0911
EVENT PARKING: Food trucks will have dedicated spots in the midway. Any related vehicles will be parked in dedicated lots around the event. Parking attendants will be there to assist if needed.
SATURDAY, MAY 27th
When you arrive at the venue, the Event Director (Stuart Kaul: 980-253-0911) will greet you and place your food truck in the midway (See Map).
- 7:00am – Food trucks will be allowed onsite to start setting up
- 8:00am – Runner registration opens
- 8:30am – All food trucks need to be ready and open for business
- 9:00am – 5K run begins
- 9:00am – Live music begins
- 9:00am – Bloody mary/mimosa bar opens
- 9:30am – Runners will start coming in from the course and ready to eat & drink!
- 12:00pm – Event ends
- Food trucks will have dedicated spots in the midway Any related vehicles will be parked in dedicated lots around the event. Parking attendants will be there to assist if needed.
- Please lock your vehicle at all times. The Food Truck Rally 5K is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
FOOD TRUCK REGISTRATION FEE REFUND
- When you arrive at the venue, the Event Director, Stuart Kaul (980) 253-0911 will place you into the midway.
- All refunds from the $100 deposit will be noted once you check in and processed on Monday, May 29. It may take 1-2 business days for that deposit to be credited back to you account.
BON APPETIT PACKAGE
- Bon Appetit Participants will receive a wristband upon checking in. The wristband may be redeemed for a $7 credit at any food truck.
- If they choose your truck to redeem their food at, PLEASE REMOVE THEIR WRISTBAND AND KEEP IT.
- We will come by each food truck after the event and pay our $3.50 portion (per wristband) to you before you leave.
- In the event of an emergency requiring course evacuation, please follow all instructions given by Food Truck Rally 5K Staff or Volunteers, Emergency Medical Personnel or Law Enforcement Officers.
- If you experience or witness an emergency situation while on the course, please immediately seek out a Food Truck Rally 5K team member (T-shirts marked “STAFF” or “VOLUNTEER” on the back). Staff and many volunteers will have radios and will provide quick assistance as needed.
- There will be port-a-potties onsite.
- There will not be accessible power for your trucks. Please make sure to bring your own.
- There will not be potable water on site. Please make sure to bring your own.
WEATHER & NATURAL DISASTER POLICY
- The Food Truck Rally 5K will run rain or shine. In the case of lightning or other “severe” weather, the event will either be delayed until the weather clears, postponed until the next day, rescheduled for another day or cancelled all together.
- There are no standing scheduled “rain dates” for events owned and directed by the Food Truck Rally 5K. Events are held rain, shine or snow. In the case of significantly inclement weather (i.e. lightning in the area), we reserve the right to alter components of the event or course to address safety concerns, or potentially delay, postpone or cancel the event. In addition, it is possible that while we desire not to cancel the event, our facility and/or municipalities may force the cancellation of the event.
- In such situations, there will be No Refunds of entry fees. Each athlete must accept any such risk of their entry fee. Monies collected have already been used to develop and produce the event. We promise to make every effort to produce a fair, safe and exciting event. Any decision made to go forth with the event is contingent on the overall event and course safety, and is made in collectively with local risk management, police, fire & rescue, and medical personnel as appropriate.