Food Truck Rally 5K Chicago – Participant Guide
DATE: May 27, 2017
TIME: Registration opens at 8:00am (Saturday)
LOCATION: Chicagoland Speedway, 450 East Laraway Rd. (MAP)
WEBSITE: Chicago Food Truck Rally 5K
COURSE MAP: Click HERE
EVENT PARKING: All participant parking will be through GATE 4 (450 East Laraway Road). Please follow event parking signs. Parking is $10 – CASH ONLY.
- PARKING – All participant parking will be through GATE 4 (450 East Laraway Road). Please follow event parking signs. Parking is $10– CASH ONLY.
- STILL NEED TO REGISTER – You can still pre-register ONLINE for $32/person until Friday night at midnight. On Saturday, event day, you may register (either online or at our registration tent) for $37/person. Credit card only please.
- CANNED FOOD DRIVE – Please consider bringing a canned good/non-perishable good with you. We’re hoping to collect 500 lbs for Northern Illinois Food Bank. Please stop by their booth in the midway to drop off your donation(s).
- BLANKETS/LAWN CHAIRS – Please feel free to bring a lawn chair or blanket. We are set up in a big grassy park next to the track and tables will be minimal. You may not bring weapons, drugs, coolers or alcohol. You may bring your own water (including on the course).
- ANIMALS– We do allow dogs at the event! But, they are PROHIBITED from being on course whatsoever.
Only runners with registered race bibs will be allowed in the start-line area. All times subject to change as weather or other factors may require.
SATURDAY, MAY 27th
- 8:00am – Registration Opens
- 8:45am – Start line corral opens
- 9:00am – 5K run starts
- 9:00am – Food Trucks, bloody mary/mimosa bar open
- 9:00am – Live music starts
- 12:00pm – Event ends
- All participant parking will be through GATE 4 (450 East Laraway Road). Please follow event parking signs. Parking is $10 – CASH ONLY.
- Please lock your vehicle at all times. The Food Truck Rally 5K is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- You MUST have your ID present when you check in to receive your packet.
- When you arrive at the venue, check in at the Registration Tent. The tent will be clearly marked. Choose any lane marked “Registered Runners” and check in to get your bib.
- If you have not yet purchased a registration, you may do so at the event using a credit card. Day-of registration is $37/runner. You may register at the Registration Tent and choose any lane marked “Day-Of Registration.“
- Registration begins at 8:00am (Saturday). All runners will start at the same time (9am). Please arrive at least 1 hour before the start time to get checked in!
- Once you check in, you will receive a race bib and directions on starting the race.
- All runners will receive a participant t-shirt, medal and water upon crossing the finish line.
CANNED FOOD DRIVE ON EVENT DAY
- We will be conducting a food drive to benefit Northern Illinois Food Bank at the Food Truck 5k Rally. Our goal is to collect 500 pounds of food. The donations will help support their mission of leading the fight against hunger in our community. More info: HERE
BON APPETIT PACKAGE
- You will receive a wristband upon checking in.
- Your wristband may be redeemed for $7 worth of food at any single food truck.
- Credit can not be redeemed at more than one truck.
- Please show wristband at the finish line to receive your custom dri-fit shirt.
BLOODY MARYS AND MIMOSAS
- Enjoy the awesome flavors and unique drinks post-race!
- Bar opens at 9:00am (cash and credit cards accepted)
- You will not be served alcohol unless your ID is present at time of purchase and are 21 years or older.
SIGNATURE FOOD TRUCK ITEMS
All food trucks are required to come up with a signature item specifically for the Food Truck Rally 5K!
- Twisted Classics – “CHICKEN BANH MI TACOS”- Chefs special marinated chicken, spicy mayo, pickled daikon/carrot, fresh cucumber, cilantro
- ROGUE Curbside Kitchen – “THE REBEL”- 1/2 lb hamburger topped with Boursin cheese, arugula, Peppadew peppers, red onion on a toasted Brioche bun.
- Roaming Hog – “PORK ON NAAN”- marinade pork, cucumbers, cilantro, spicy mayo, naan bread”
- Kona Ice – “GOOBA JOOBA”- an amazing combination of Mango Strawberry and Pina Colada… this refreshing treat is a strong finisher!
- Harold’s Chicken Shack #55 – “CHICKEN WINGS”
- Grumpy Gaucho – “BACON, EGG & CHEESE EMPANADA”
- Cupcakes for Courage – “FUNFETTI SURVIVOR CUPCAKE” – white funfetti cake, cream filling, rainbow swirl buttercream, rainbow jimmy sprinkles
- Crème of the Crop – “JAMBALAYA MAC & CHEESE”- Rich and creamy mac & cheese with Andouille sausage, smoked peppers and gremolata bread crumbs
- Coffee Rescue – “WHITE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY MOCHA” -Signature Blend Coffee Rescue Espresso, Torani Raspberry Syrup, decadent Torani White Chocolate Sauce, and topped with whipped cream
- Chicago Lunchbox – “THE VIET BANH MI”- Vietnamese Grilled Pork topped with pickled daikon and carrots, red onions, cucumbers and jalapenos, then drizzled with our sweet house sauce and fiery mayo
- CheSa’s Gluten Tootin Free – “SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI TACOS”-corn tortilla with shredded carrots, cucumbers, red onions, red tomatoes and a house vinaigrette.
- Carnivale – “CUBANO SLIDER” – Roasted pork, smoked ham, swiss, dijon mustard, pickles
- All Participants must have a Food Truck Rally 5K bib stuck on the FRONT of their clothing to start the race.
- Participants must line up 10 minutes prior to the starting time.
- In the event of an emergency requiring course evacuation, please follow all instructions given by Food Truck Rally 5K Staff or Volunteers, Emergency Medical Personnel or Law Enforcement Officers.
- If you experience or witness an emergency situation while on the course, please immediately seek out a Food Truck Rally 5K team member (T-shirts marked “STAFF” or “VOLUNTEER” on the back). Staff and many volunteers will have radios and will provide quick assistance as needed.
- There will be port-a-potties onsite.
- There will be food and beverages available for sale at this event.
- Runners are allowed to bring water on the course with them if they choose (there will be one water stop on course for participants only).
WEATHER & NATURAL DISASTER POLICY
- The Food Truck Rally 5K will run rain or shine. In the case of lightning or other “severe” weather, the event will either be delayed until the weather clears, postponed until the next day, rescheduled for another day or cancelled all together.
- There are no standing scheduled “rain dates” for events owned and directed by the Food Truck Rally 5K. Events are held rain, shine or snow. In the case of significantly inclement weather (i.e. lightning in the area), we reserve the right to alter components of the event or course to address safety concerns, or potentially delay, postpone or cancel the event. In addition, it is possible that while we desire not to cancel the event, our facility and/or municipalities may force the cancellation of the event.
- In such situations, there will be No Refunds of entry fees. Each athlete must accept any such risk of their entry fee. Monies collected have already been used to develop and produce the event. We promise to make every effort to produce a fair, safe and exciting event. Any decision made to go forth with the event is contingent on the overall event and course safety, and is made in collectively with local risk management, police, fire & rescue, and medical personnel as appropriate.